WssTP is the recognized voice and promotor of water-related RTD and innovation in Europe. WssTP strives to increase coordination and collaboration, to enhance the performance of the water service providers, water users, and technology providers, in a sustainable and inclusive way, and to contribute to solving water-related societal challenges. With 187 members across Europe on board, WssTP is recognised by the European Commission as the industry-led European Technology Platform(ETP) for Water. WssTP envisions a smart-water society, in which the true value of water is recognised and realised and all available water sources are managed in such a way that water scarcity and pollution of groundwater are avoided. Amongst WssTP objectives are:
- Foster collaborative initiatives within and cross industry sectors that create value for members.
- Diversification of membership base through growth.
- Creation of an enabling environment for water related RTD (projects).
- Creation of an enabling business environment for innovation.
- Pro-actively address the vision of water sector importance and water.
WssTP, taking advantage of its extensive network, will organise two H2020 liaison and clustering workshops in Brussels. These workshops will ensure that the project has a high profile, that all the relevant stakeholders learn from its achievements, and that the outputs are taken up. WssTP will also contribute to the communication and dissemination activities of the project.